Most companies have already invested heavily either in one or more business systems such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or they custom build mission critical applications that run a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database or IBM DB2. When it comes to implementing a pervasive Business Intelligent (BI) solution that is flexible, powerful and at the same time easy-to-use, some companies ignore the strong features built into their current investments and look to other built-in solutions thinking it would be easier or cheaper to apply. Sadly they find that they started on wrong foundation.
A complete BI solution needs to address multiple technical details to provide a complete solution that is enduring and well received by corporate users. The corporate data may be stored in multiple repositories coming from one or more sources such as databases, flat files or even over the internet. The BI solution needs to have the right Dataware housing and ETL tools (Extraction, Transformation, Loading) to provide the foundation to build reports and dashboards that end users require.
Our approach to realizing a viable and cost-effective BI solution starts by fully understanding and blue printing your corporate needs and your current IT investments. Business needs periodically change and understanding the fundamental sources of data and expected management reports is the key to implementing the right BI solution first time and on budget. We utilize the following approach to address your needs:
- Review business processes and define the Blue Print for the BI solution
- Utilize and expand on the existing IT investments (RDBMS, ETL, Analytic tools) to reduce the need for additional IT expenditures
- Model the corporate data flows and create the right Data warehousing solution
- Build standard and multi-dimensional reports that are accessible via Excel, Reporting tools and Web dashboards
- Create Scorecards and KPIs that are specific to your company and your industry
- Create Executive Dashboards and Performance Management tools to help the Management team to anticipate and plan rather than react